Project Welcome back Home!
Are you returning home after an extended separation from your family due to either:
Did you know that:
Reunification is a PROCESS, not an event, and therefore requires time, effort, and an understanding that each individual has changed during the separation (due to incarceration, substance abuse, military service, etc.), and has developed a new perspective on his/her role in the family.
Project Welcome back Home!© (PWbH!), a family strengthening and career skills-building program focused on family re-entry and reintegration (aka, family reunification), will equip you with the wisdom, tools, and skills needed for your successful transition back into family and civilian life.
PWbH! guides you and your family towards solutions that significantly reduce the risk of family breakdowns, plus keep you on the path to family wellbeing and a satisfying quality of life.
- Certificate of Completion
- FamPlan© (Our Family’s Mission/Vision/Strategy for Life), that maps out creating and reaching desirable and realizable life goals
- CareerPath©, one’s personalized employment-to-career plan
- personalized CRN©, a family’s quick-access directory to needed and/or frequently utilized services and resources in the community
…along with continued access to IPI Support Services, and to IPI’s Community Partners for potential full-time employment, for up to 1-year.
- strategies for effectively managing times of family separation and/or disruption, if not how to avoid them
- the right attitude, applicable skillsets, and resources needed for the competitive job market
- leadership and team building skills for parenting, for career, and for life
- stress (and emotional response) management tools
- increased confidence, and improved attitudes
- effective decision-making skills
- effective communicators
- Duration: 1.5 hours, 2 days per week (as announced)
- Includes homework assignments, in-class role-playing and assignments, and working in pairs and/or small groups
- When Available: Day and/or Evening (as announced)
- Program Duration: 10 weeks
- Cost: Sliding Fee based on income
- Funding assistance is available. Some restrictions apply.
- All participants must complete the Intake process
- Course includes free access (some restrictions apply) to IPI Support Services
- A Certificate of Completion is issued to parents completing, and actively participating in, all their class sessions